KDDI Europe Limited offers a challenging, interesting and friendly place in which to work. So, if you are interested in the vacancy(s) below and the opportunity to join a leading international telecommunication company, please forward your CV to the Human Resources Department at the following email address, quoting a contact telephone number. Please ensure you state the relevant Job Reference Number in the title of your email (i.e. Ref 7/07). NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Human Resources Department:
Job title: Network Engineer
Job reference No: 14/15
Salary: £29,000 per annum
Posting date: 19.11.2014
Closing date: 17.12.2014
The main aim of this role is to support all activities belonging to the KDDI ICT services, such as ADM, L3/L2 NW, IPLC, security and Internet and 3rd level troubleshooting. This role also involves elements of project management (preparation of documents, reporting and communication with third parties). The Network Engineer will need to create a formal procedure reflecting work process in line with the internal standard. All projects and technical solutions must be delivered efficiently, cost effectively and be based on business needs.
• Master and detailed planning and designing for ICT service such as network and server application.
• Network element configuration including day-to-day service delivery.
• Network and server implementation and optimisation including designing and testing procedure.
• Migration planning and execution.
• Proof of concept testing and acceptance testing.
• Create handover documents and deliver training within the Division.
• Development and implementation of new features and services.
• Careful consideration regarding implementation and ensuring systems are profitable.
• Vendor negotiation and control for gaining the necessary information and following it through.
• Establish & cease circuit connection of the systems (If necessary, outside of working hours).
• 3rd level troubleshooting with related internal teams & be the first point of contact for internal and external matters (If necessary, outside of working hours).
• Documenting methods for the implementation and modification of all KDDI ICT services in line with the Company's procedure.
• Project and service delivery schedule management.
• Submission of periodical reports to your line manager reflecting projects and individual progress.
• Project target provided by line manager must be reached.
• Time management and project coordination to ensure smooth implementation.
• Maintain secure operation and keep the environment tidy.
• Report all KDDI ICT services incidents to your superior in timely manner.
• Ad-hoc tasks as requested by line management.
Information Security Responsibilities:
Follow KDDI Europe’s Information Security Policy to ensure the security of company and customer information. Complete training and awareness sessions when requested to ensure changes and updates to the policy are understood.
Due to the nature of the role, it is possible that there will be times when it is necessary for you to be contacted out of normal working hours. These situations will be limited to emergency circumstances, when there is no other practical alternative.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Key Competencies:
• Substantial work experience in Networking.
• Knowledge Level: CCNP (at least Implementing Cisco IP Routing & Implementing and Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks).
• TCP/IP, Data Transmission, L2/L3 VPN, Multi-Layer Networking, QoS. Security Firewall and IPSec.
• X.21, V.35, G703/704, SONET/SDH, Ethernet, MPLS, Optical Networking.
• Generic Routing, RIP, OSPF, and BGP4.
• Cisco IOS, Junos, Brocade OS operation and configuration. UNIX command operation and setup/management.
• Facility Management, Network Cabling, Equipment Installation.
• Provider related server application. I.E. SMTP, DNS, HTTP, Radius, SNMP Monitoring & Traffic Mgmnt.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Microsoft Outlook.
• Ability to read and write technical documentation.
• Strong time management/multi tasking & organisational skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Reliable time keeping and attendance.
• Fluent in English.