Collection of Personal Information
KDDI Europe collects personal information (such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses) of its customers to the extent necessary to provide its telecommunications services and other services. In addition, when KDDI Europe has collected or attempts to collect personal information from its customers, KDDI Europe discloses to its customers and announces to or notifies its customers the intended purpose for which it will use such information.
Usage of Personal Information
KDDI Europe will not handle the personal information in its possession beyond the extent necessary for fulfilling its intended purpose of usage, except in the following cases.
- In instances where the customer has granted their permission
- In instances where KDDI Europe is required to do so by a legally-enforced order
- If such information is required for the protection of a person's life, body, or property, and the permission of the customer cannot be readily obtained
- If such information is required especially for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound nurturing of children, and the permission of the customer cannot be readily obtained
- If it becomes necessary by legal ordinance to cooperate with a government agency, or parties authorized by them, and there is concern that seeking permission of the customer may hinder the execution of the relevant duties
Management of Personal Information
KDDI Europe takes measures to manage access to personal information, limit the steps of its handling, and prevent unauthorized outside access, as well as measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage and other necessary and appropriate measures in order to safely manage personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
KDDI Europe will answer, within a reasonable time period, requests from the customer or a party acting on behalf of the customer for disclosure of applicable personal information, except in the following cases.
- If there is due concern of damage to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the customer or any third party
- If there is due concern of a significant obstruction to the proper operations of KDDI Europe
- If there is the possibility of violation of any legal ordinances
Amendments of Personal Information
KDDI Europe, if requested by the customer or a party acting on behalf of the customer to make amendments, additions, or deletions to the content of the applicable personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Amendments, etc.") will examine the request within a reasonable time period and, based on this examination, will carry out Amendments, etc. of the applicable personal information within the extent necessary to fulfill the intended purpose.