KDDI Application Optimization Service
We are no longer accepting new customers for KDDI Application Optimization Service.
Our Application Optimization Service makes it possible to identify the traffic volume of individual applications on user networks and manage the quality of each application. In addition, users can improve the usage environment without increasing bandwidth by accelerating and setting priority controls for individual applications based on their importance.
- KDDI installs optimization devices in customer offices to achieve "visibility," "optimization" and "acceleration" of the applications used on the customer networks.
- With management centralized through a central server, users can collectively optimize the traffic of any office from their headquarters or other management office. In addition, the reporting function allows users to view quality reports for individual applications in the mesh environment connecting offices.
- A virtual optimization function allows customers to ascertain application use and utilize some of the optimization and acceleration tools without installing any equipment, through the identification of sites with no optimization devices as virtual sites.
Cost optimization by optimal global circuit design
By identifying network traffic at the application level, it is possible to optimize the quality of each application and accelerating and setting priority controls according to importance, efficient use of communication lines is enhanced, the use environment of the user's network is improved and usage stress is minimized.
Reduction in the network management burden on corporate IT teams
Unlike with existing WAN acceleration equipment, centralized management of the network, such as registration of applications and setting of the QoS profile for individual applications, is possible simply by accessing the central server.
Enhanced business efficiency through improved utilization of the user OA environment
The user's OA environment is improved and efficiency of operations is enhanced through the optimization of important business applications, higher quality video conferencing and shorter file transmission times with overseas offices.
- *Restrictions apply to some of the functions of the virtual equipment.
It is possible to identify the total traffic volume, the number of sessions, the real-time traffic volume for each application, as well as usage based on past data. The software's default registration automatically identifies over 90 applications, furthermore users also can register their own additional applications.
The traffic flow of the entire network is optimized based on each application's target values as defined on the office optimization devices and the central server. Applications can be assigned to one of 15 user classes *1 that set the target values. User class priority levels beyond 15 are available as an optional service for an additional fee.
In addition to increased speed through a reduced number of ACKs *2 and expanded window size *3, efficient data transmission is realized through data compression and the cache function *4.
Dynamic WAN Selection (DWS)
In addition to "Visibility", "Control & QoS" and "WAN Acceleration", "Dynamic WAN Selection (DWS)" is provided as a new option service. DWS automatically checks the quality of redundant networks, and then selects the best network for each application. Basically, higher-priority traffic uses a primary network, and lower-priority traffic uses a secondary network. However, they are flexible enough to use a better network when hangs occur, or quality and throughput get lower.
This function provides an accurate statistical reporting for all applications based on measurements at the packet level.
With this function, users can ascertain application use as well as utilize some of the optimization tools without installing any equipment.
- *1 A user class is one or more applications that have been grouped together. Multiple applications can be set for one user class.
- *2 In computer communications, acknowledgement (ACK) is a signal sent from the destination computer in situations such as when data has been properly forwarded to the destination computer from the source computer.
- *3 Volume of data that can be transmitted continuously without delivery confirmation.
- *4 A function that stores frequently used data in a high-speed storage device in order to eliminate the need to access the data from a slow-speed storage device every time it is needed.